Beginnings are often awkward. I would feel better by speaking with you, as if I had always known you. Let’s just get our feet wet, shall we? Here are ten little quirks about me:
- I can not sleep unless I have slipped in from the right side of the bed. If I enter from the left, for some odd reason, I can not rest. I feel that something is just not right with the world and sleep will not come until I have exited and re-entered the bed from the right.
- There must always be a knitting project on the needles for me. I have recently come to realize that if there is not, I find myself pacing about the house, not able to sit or relax. This may be how cocaine addicts feel without a fix.
- I’m a Leo (which is not a quirk), a fire sign, and therefore I rise with the sun. I do not like staying up late and feel my best days start at 6 or 7 am. Any later and I feel that I’ve already wasted the day. So strange.
- I do not like receiving gifts. Don’t ask me why, but when I receive gifts, it makes me feel like I’ve burdened the giver or that it would be impossible to thank them enough (even if the present is small and may seem insignificant). I’d rather not be given anything at all.
- I don’t like a lot of the “little” holidays such as Mother’s/Father’s Day, my birthday, Valentine’s, and New Year’s. But my favorites are St. Patricks Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
- I think I like Thanksgiving so much because of the comfort foods, in bulk. It is the only time of the year that I prepare and eat sweet potato casserole, dressing (mouth waters, groan), and two or three different pies in one sitting.
- I run every morning. And morning only, it is my routine, if I don’t run shortly after waking up, it throws off my groove. I haven’t missed a run in several months, but on those occasions, I will not consume any snacks or sugars for the day. No, I don’t have a problem…
- I love the United States Coast Guard. They are a wonderful and diverse group, worthy of much praise. But they don’t need any fancy speeches from the likes of me.
- It was the USCG’s
faultencouragement that started my knitting obsession. If my husband ever complains about my yarn habit, he needs to talk to a Yeoman about it. I’m the victimdependent here.
- I never grew out of cartoons. When all of my friends were watching 90210 and Friends, I was still stuck on Rocko’s Modern Life, Doug, and Daria. I still watch them today… I don’t have a problem.
What? Oh, right. Welcome to my blog.