1. I like jazz music. I can really snap my fingers to Getz and Gilberto.
2. I had a 3.8 GPA in college. The “homemaker” title makes most think otherwise.
3. I want to own Cashmere goats, for both fiber and milk (and the delicious cheeses).
4. I cannot conceive that men have the exact same emotions women do, we’re much deeper and evolved.
5. My hero is Catherine the Great.
6. When I see people crying, I can’t help but smile, and sometimes laugh (even if I know there’s something terribly wrong).
7. When I’m nervous, I clean my finger nails.
8. I hate Brussels sprouts, but every few years or so, I try them again just to see if my tastes have changed (and they haven’t, yet)
9. I like video games, mostly fast paced shooters (like Quake) and cutesy games (like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing). If the gaming industry would just combine the two… like Llamas with boom sticks and rocket launchers, sweeeet.
10. I have to wipe my hands clean every time I touch a piece of food. Eat a chip, wipe my hands, eat a chip, wipe my hands, eat another chip, wipe my hands… EVEN THOUGH I know that I’m going to go back for more in, like, two seconds.
11. I want to live in the middle of nowhere and live a selfsufficent lifestyle. No electricity, just candles and a wood burning stove. A veggie garden and livestock (goats! and some chickens, maybe a guard llama). A one room cottage filled with my kitty-cats.
12. Orange juice makes me hiccup.
13. I used to mountain bike, but too many head injuries has me wary of all that now (but I have yet to get ride of my bike).
14. I had a mohawk once, for about a year.
15. I love cream filled donuts (like Dunkin’ Donuts’, drool), but haven’t eaten one in over four years.
16. I wish I could dress like a pioneer all the time without getting funny looks.
17. I don’t like wearing rings, I requested we skip the engagement ring and I don’t even wear my wedding band.
18. I have a bubble. Personal space, that is. Don’t touch me, ever.
19. I don’t fight “fair,” whatever that means.
20. I quote movies like Haggard, Eight Crazy Nights, and Army of Darkness.
21. I find upward inflections annoying.
22. I like NPR.
23. Occasionally, I say random comments that encourages the gag reflex.
24. My dream “vacations” (though, I think they’re more of the “trek” persuasion) are visits to Easter Island, Siberia, Tibet, the Shetland Isles, and hoping around the more obscure Eastern European countries.
25. I’m naturally blond.
26. I don’t smoke, drink alcohol, or use drugs (but for some reason, that shocks people, WTF?)
27. I love coffee, lots, and lots of coffee.
28. I’m from Alabama, but I don’t like tea.
29. When I’m mad, my mouth is like a smoking gun… Mean, spiteful things come out before I realize it.
30. I cannot bait a fishing hook (you know, with live bait), freaks me out.
31. I want to adopt every kitty in the universe and feed them Fancy Feast and knit them cat beds.
32. I think ghost stories and movies are awesome, but if I ever saw a real ghost, I’d probably freeze up, and then throw up.
33. I have a tattoo that no one ever sees, but not because it’s in a “dirty” place, I just don’t wear mid drift-type tops (and even then you wouldn’t see all of it).
34. When I was very little, I wanted a sheep for Christmas, but I only got a sheep doll. I guess it explains the fiber habit a bit.
35. I like old movies, specifically the musicals like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, My Fair Lady (actually, Mr. Yarn Bearer adores this movie, but I doubt he would use the word “adore”), Pin Up Girl, and some others.
36. I prefer llama over alpaca.
37. Linen over cotton.
38. Angora over mohair.
39. Wool over superwash wool.
40. And all of the above (plus some) over acrylic.
41. We bought our Scion xB for me… but I think Mr. Yarn Bearer’s Jeep Wrangler is more fun to drive.
42. I’m not as sweet as I used to be.
43. I like knitting fiction, like the crime novels by Mark Kruger and Maggie Sefton.
44. I sort my yarn by brand, but one day, I’ll sort my yarn autobiographically, knitting books, too.
45. I knit with small needles most of the time, my US 1’s and 3’s get a work out.
46. Tulips are my favorite flowers.
47. I want to grow my own lavender and use it my lavender shortbread cookies. Mmmm. Mr. Yarn Bearer says it’s like eating a flower, a really good flower.
48. Am I the only person who thinks decaf coffee is absurd?
49. I like to look into a person’s eyes when they’re speaking to me.
50. I plan on getting my Mr. Yarn Bearer’s name tattooed across my abdomen in big, bold, Old English lettering… when I’m sixty years old and we’re still married.